Verified Paypal Account for Fraud Prevention

apcsilver
Contributor
Contributor

When we receive a suspect payment we often refund but ask the buyer to Verify their Paypal account then resubmit the payment. This they often do but in most cases the new payment is still marked as Not Verified. We then get the customer to contact Paypal Support and in some cases Support sends us an email saying the payment is ok.

So my question is: how long does it take paypal to mark an account as verified after the buyer has in fact Verified their account. ? It seems it might be many days?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_DerrickD

Hello @apcsilver,

If the payment is marked as eligible for seller protection, we will still cover you. In regards to disputes involving digital downloads, we may ask that you provide proof that you sent the buyer a link, as well as the dates and times the buyer accessed the link to help support your claim.

Derrick

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @apcsilver,

I'm sorry that there has been confusion about the Verified status of the payments. If a payment is marked as eligible for Seller Protection, the status of the account should not be a concern. The Verified status of an account does help the person whose account it is by lifting the limits that are on the account, but the Seller Protection eligibility is not dependent on that status.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

apcsilver
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for info but if the purchase is marked "eligible for Seller Protection" then are we covered as we only sell digital products?  I ask as we can only provide proof of delivery via One Note/You Send it who we use to send download links to our products and who provide details when the buyers views and then downloads the product.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_DerrickD

Hello @apcsilver,

If the payment is marked as eligible for seller protection, we will still cover you. In regards to disputes involving digital downloads, we may ask that you provide proof that you sent the buyer a link, as well as the dates and times the buyer accessed the link to help support your claim.

Derrick

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.