Verified PayPal account question

Smaxy
Contributor
Contributor
Hey PayPal Community, I just have some questions about my PayPal account. So my friend told me that he was going to send me $80, until he asked “Is your PayPal account verified?”; He says he doesn’t want to risk all of that money. He also said that my account will be locked if I hold more than $50 in my PayPal account. Then I said, well you can send $40 one day, and $40 the other day. He still denied. Is this true, and do I need to create a PayPal cash account as well?
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

You should change friend, jocking 🙂
A non verified account have limitations on money transfer but limitations are larger than your friend said.
As far as I know a not verified account can receive up to 2500 euros / dollars in a year (then this limit reset for the next year) and can transfer up to 1.000 euros (or more, don't remeber exactly but certainly more than your friend want to send to you) from your paypal balance to your bank account. So no issue at all for those kind of money transfers.

Cheers, Fil.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

filipporonco
Contributor
Contributor

You should change friend, jocking 🙂
A non verified account have limitations on money transfer but limitations are larger than your friend said.
As far as I know a not verified account can receive up to 2500 euros / dollars in a year (then this limit reset for the next year) and can transfer up to 1.000 euros (or more, don't remeber exactly but certainly more than your friend want to send to you) from your paypal balance to your bank account. So no issue at all for those kind of money transfers.

Cheers, Fil.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.