Verification

arrtosj
New Community Member

I have an ongoing problem with verification for my bank account, a process I've been through 3 or 4 times, without success. It's been going on since October. When the PayPal verification deposits are made, they show as "rejected", the account link is disabled, and any transfers I made to the account from PayPal are reversed. I can't confirm whether these deposits were even made in the first place because my bank account shows no record of them or their withdrawal, which it should, according to the bank customer service rep I spoke to. If the transactions aren't showing up in my account it is impossible for me to complete the verification process.  In addition, I know that my account accepts electronic funds transfers because another platform I use has successfully made transfers to the account. I have to conclude that my bank account is not the problem. 

Following my last conversation with a rep to restore my bank account link, the verification deposits were rejected again, and the link disabled, which effectively makes it impossible for me to have access to my funds. The PayPal system will not allow me to restore the link myself, which is why it's necessary for me to talk to a rep. When the link has been disabled in the past because of "rejected" deposits, I have been able to talk to a customer rep and get it restored. However, all of my recent attempts to reach a rep have been disconnected by the PayPal phone system with the message, "your call cannot be supported at this time." In an effort to get my problem addressed, I also tried filing an unauthorized transaction complaint describing my problem, but the system rejected it. At this point, I may need to issue refunds, close the account, and find another payment platform, although I'd prefer not to go through all that. There doesn't seem to be anyway for me to contact a representative either on the phone or through email. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.