Verification

TheGermanJuvie
New Community Member

Does anyone happen to know why Paypal needs me to authorise access EVERY TIME I want to log in? It's getting on my nerves now/

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

momonflorida
Contributor
Contributor

For the past few days, I have had to do the two set  verification to access my account.

Each time I have to check the code on my mobile phone.  

Today I am very busy and accessed my account to check payments, needed to verify code SIX times, each time I needed to check

Yesterday it was each time but one.  Surely something wrong here - every time I have to get my phone and as a disabled mover at present I could well do without this !  I am checked with paypal but had no reply to my query.  Fed up with them.

Login to Me Too

keef500
New Community Member

I too am encountering this 'feature' (is it an issue?) and it's quite annoying.

Logging in from my home PC or mobile App and I get in straight away - I assume I will have provided two-factor authentication at some point in the past but not recently.  But log in from my work PC (which I have done many times before over the past few years) and *every* time I have to get a code by text to verify my identity.  This happens each time, even if I've already logged in and verified that day already, from the same machine, on the same network, on the same IP. It seems to have started happening in the last month or so, or maybe I've just started to notice it in the last couple of months.

I understand the need for two factor authentication, but is it needed with this frequency?  And if so, then why don't I experience it from other devices?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.