Verification issues

Moogs
New Community Member
I have two paypal accounts, one I opened a few years ago that I don't use anymore and my current one. I have just sold two items on ebay and didn't realise the funds had gone to my previous paypal account. I tried to loging but it said I had to reset my password. When I have gone to reset it, it is asking for verification via phone, email or credit card. I verified via email and then it asked for verification through another type; either phone or credit card. Only problem is, my phone number and credit card information are old and not in use anymore. I tried to contact customer service who left me on hold for an hour and have now added a hefty amount to my phone bill and my phone service has barred the number because of it! How do I resolve this?!?!
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Moogs 

Firstly you are only allowed x2 paypal accounts if x1 is personal and the other x1 is business, if you have 2 of the same type then you are breaking paypals policies and risk them both being limited !!

Secondly you are supposed to keep all account information up to date on your paypal account, as you haven't then you may have to contact customer services and see if they can help you regain access to the other account....

Paypals phone number in the UK is free from most landlines and mobiles so you would need to check with your mobile provider to find out why you were charged. Did you get the correct paypal number ie using help/contact bottom of paypal pages and didn't use google?     

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.