Verification issue

Hugginsseren
Contributor
Contributor
I’m trying to verify my paypal so I can revive money of Depop. I put in the wrong last name so to change my name it says I need ID and a statement. Either a credit card, utility billing or phone bill I think. 1. Will a passport work? I don’t have a state ID 2. For the debit card statement, I’m not the primary owner so will it still be accepted if my name is on the statement but as a joint account owner.
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

ramberroya
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
What is 2-step verification? You can add an extra layer of security to your PayPal account by enabling 2-step verification for log in. Once this feature is activated, we’ll send you a unique, random 6-digit access code each time you try to log in. Simply enter this code to access your account. There are two ways to set up 2-step verification. You can use an authenticator app (like Google Authenticator and Microsoft Authenticator) or you can ask us to send text messages to your mobile phone. Here's how to set it up: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Set Up next to “2-step verification.” Choose to receive a text or use an authenticator app, then click Next. Follow the prompts to link your phone or authenticator app. Set up a back-up method in case you can’t access your primary cell or authenticator app. Click Done to activate 2-step verification. You can deactivate 2-step verification at any time: Go to your Settings. Click Security. Click Update next to “2-step verification.” Click Turn Off next to 2-step verification, then the Turn It Off button. For added protection, you can also add 2-step verification to other devices. Since you can no longer access the phone number. You may want to set up new email account and create a brand new paypal account and you will link the phone number you have access to. Hope this will resolve your issue. ***If you see a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thanks and have a great day! ☺
Login to Me Too

moneymatters168
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@Hugginsseren

I hope this suggestion works for you. You can open a new PayPal account with correct information you could verify. If you would like to reuse the email address, you could close the account or add a new email address - replace as primary to free upthe eemail address you want to use for the new account - delete. When the email address is free you can use it to create your new account.

I hope this helps. 

Advice is VOLUNTARILY given.
Please leave Kudos / Solution if I have helped you.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.