Upwork is trying to access my deleted paypal account.

rohitkorpa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I had added my Paypal account to my Upwork account to buy connects. But i was not able to buy connects. So i duly deleted my Paypal account from my Upwork account. After that Upwork tried to access my account illegally without asking me and without my consent. Now, i am hearing from you that Upwork still trying to access my account that too illegally and without asking me and my consent. I had added my debit card to my Paypal account, What if Upwork try to loot my money from my Paypal account, without my authorization Upwork. Which is illegal.

Upwork should delete my Paypal account information once i had deleted my Paypal account from Upwork. I want to take legal action against Upwork as Upwork is trying to access my paypal accout without asking me and my consent. And i want Paypal to take action against Upwork. 

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@rohitkorpa 

Did you cancel the billing agreement profile from your automatic payments page?

(Personal account):

Account Settings (gear icon) > Payments > Manage Automatic Payments

Select merchant on left, click Cancel on the right.

(Business Accounts):

Account Settings (gear icon) > Money, banks and cards > Automatic payments > Set Automatic Payments

Click Merchant from list and select Cancel on the next page.

For further assistance, please contact customer service about your issue:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US.

Or private message via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

rohitkorpa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi sharpiemarker,

I have canceled the automatic payment method for Upwork. But As upwork was illegally without asking me and without my consent tried to access my paypal account, even when i had deleted the my paypal account information from upwork. What legal action can paypal can take on upwork? To save upwork to access and loot my money from my paypal account.

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.