Uploading license pictures to verify identity

Andytdavis
New Community Member

I have to verify my identity so I can cash a check but whenever I try to click “use” for a picture I just took of my license the app crashes. What can I do to access the money from the check?

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andytdavis 

Is the app the latest version? 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Andytdavis
New Community Member
It’s version 7.17 I think that’s the latest(?)
Login to Me Too

PlzHlpM3
New Community Member

Can confirm this scenario. I've already deleted app, rebooted phone, and reinstalled. 

In order to have gotten to the verify ID screen, you had to take a photo of front and back of check. That process went through flawlessly, but when you are asked to take a pic of the front of your ID, the process fails. When you tap anywhere to take a pic, the picture is captured, but when you press Use, the app crashes. Pressing Cancel or Retake does not crash the app. Reopening the app and tapping cash a check will bring you to the verify ID screen again. 

I'm on the latest PayPal and latest iOS. Super annoyed!

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Andytdavis 

Yeah, that's the latest version. Probably picked up some bugs while they fixed others. It happens. Report the bug in the app via the apps stores, be it  Apple's App Store or google play.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

bikemechanicc
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same problem and its really upsetting.

Login to Me Too

Candi163
New Community Member
I just updated my app to 7.22.0, just released this week and it finally worked!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.