Uploading Picture of Driver's License

rrabin
Contributor
Contributor

Wondering if anyone else has received the following error message when trying to upload a picture of their Driver's License:

"We're sorry. Something seems to have gone wrong. Please remove the file and add it again."

Anyone know what to do or who to contact? 

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @rrabin,

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues uploading your document. Jpeg & Gif files work best when sending information to us. It may also be a case that your file is too large. I would suggest taking another photo of the document and trying again.

Hope this helps,

Siobhan

Login to Me Too

needhelp221
New Community Member

this makes no difference. I have used jpeg, gif, png, pdf. nothing will work.

Login to Me Too

ev00rams

Hi Siobhan.  Same issue for me too.  File size is less than 25MB, tried jpg, png, tif and pdf and tried Firefox, IE and Chrome.  What else to do?  Thank you.

Login to Me Too

needhelp221
New Community Member

I'm having this issue nonstop. I have orders coming in and i cant accept my money because when i update the picture of my id and sos it says failed no matter what i do. these are high quality scans. why is this happening?  

Login to Me Too

Bconnor3232
Contributor
Contributor

I don't understand either and would love a proper answer.

Paypal, obviously we know the filesize is not too big. It clearly says right in front of us the filesize. We can read.

What can't read, however, is your image recognition software. I could not possibly take a higher quality photo with better lighting. I have tried every working file format, I get the error every time. I have no idea why I suddenly need to do this but I would appreciate a proper response that is consistent with what you stand for as a service. That means helping us fix this however possible, because we have no other solution.

BC

Login to Me Too

ktcommunity
Contributor
Contributor

Can't access our funds without the documents that Paypal suddenly demands, and Paypal will not accept the documents.

So, Paypal has our money, and we can't get to it. Classic Catch-22!

What's the next step?

Login to Me Too

tpdomo1904
New Community Member

This is still happening im still getting this error in 2020 what gives? the files a 1.36mb JPG it fits the rules why wont you let me upload the picture so i can use my paypal? why is the customer support so bad on this site? what if people actually needed paypal to make a living i would be pulling my hair out its like the worst follow up customer service you can get in the industry.

Login to Me Too

daltonius
New Community Member

same problem - six months later - I used to think this company was good...

freezing my account and then having crappy document software?!!  Gimme a break

I think I will close this account.

Login to Me Too

Bconnor3232
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, I've tried this on a completely new computer, all cookies cleared, new browser, every possible option really, and it still doesn't work. It's crazy, they like don't give a **bleep** at all. I'm at least able to transfer funds to my bank, but I'm not allowed to actually use my money within paypal.

Paypal, please. Do something about this. Your image recognition software is TERRIBLY flawed and it's stopping thousands of people from accessing their funds. We are NOT making any mistakes, and we are not stupid, so spare us to bot-like comments such as "have you tried taking it in X lighting?" etc. I will also close my account very soon if I do not get a LEGITIMATE response. We all need to blow them up about this, somehow. I've seen so many people on reddit or elsewhere with this issue and no one could ever help.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.