Upgrading to a business account

genevalake
Contributor
Contributor

Want to add a business account to an existing personal account.

Under Settings I clicked Upgrade to a Business account.

That took me to a screen to Use a new email (recommended) or my existing email and password.

Clicked on use new email.

That took me to enter new email for business account. I entered my business email. Clicked thru.

That took me to a login screen. It appears the only option is to login with my existing credentials and I'm

right back to my personal account summary page.

What am I missing?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@genevalake 

Go and click on paypals site and click 'register' top right of page and start right over with a new email address and then select the business option.

If you want to then you can close your personal paypal account down.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

genevalake
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks kernowlass for the reply. I'm not 100% sure if your solution worked because I decided NOT to upgrade to a business account. Instead I stayed with a different and separate Personal account we already had that uses the business email. Possibly this was why I could not use that email in trying to upgrade the original Personal account to a Business account.

Exploring the advantages or disadvantages to an upgrade yielded no discernible + or - for our situation after reviewing the Settings/Seller Tools page.

Again thanks.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@genevalake 

Be careful, you are only allowed 2 paypal accounts if 1 is personal and the other 1 is business.

If you have 2 or more of the same type you risk them both being limited as its against paypal rules.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

genevalake
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks. I did not know that. We might be OK because one account is my personal account and the second is my spouses personal account which uses the business email. Same household though. Not sure if this is a no, no.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@genevalake 

No thats fine, I have a personal account and so does my other half, that is allowed.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.