Upgrade to Premier Account?

Ghal
New Community Member

Hello - 

I signed up for Paypal just over a week ago, when I listed my first item for sale on eBay. The item has sold and I have been paid, but when the transaction was completed I received the following email from Paypal, instructing me to upgrade to Business or Premier account. I do not have a business, so I'm trying to upgrade to a Premier account. From the prior answered questions, it sounds like Business and Premier merged a long time ago and I should be okay with just my personal account - but the funds are still being held, so I do not know what to do. Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

The email from Paypal is below: 

"You have received a pending credit card payment. However, to reduce credit card processing costs for accounts that do not pay fees, the ability to receive credit card payments is limited to Premier and Business accounts. 

If you upgrade to a Premier or Business account, all of your pending credit card payments will be completed. With your upgraded account, you will receive a range of premium features, including the ability to accept unlimited credit card payments.You must pay fees for accepting money with a Premeir or Business account. The fees on incoming payments are low -- just 2.9% + $0.30 USD to receive payments. For more details, go to:
http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/?cmd=/_display-fees-outside

If you would like to keep your Personal account, you may log in and deny this payment. Personal accounts may still accept payments funded with a bank account or PayPal balance at no charge."

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ghal 

You can also operate a business account as an individual. Use your name as your contact name and business name (eBay screen name as business name, perhaps?), put SSN (EIN for business) as tax id. Each person can have one personal and one business account.

If the funds are held, just add tracking number to the eBay transaction or PayPal transaction (buy postage from either and they'll automatically email it to the buyer and when eBay/PayPal can confirm delivery with courier, they release the funds in 24/48 hrs.

If a payment is for something that does not need shipping, click "add tracking" in the transaction details, select an order status and contact the buyer to confirm receipt on their end to release the funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

mouseym
New Community Member

Same problem here, but i cannot see any funds whatsoever in my account.  eBay says the payment was initiated and is currently going through Paypal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mouseym 

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.