Updating my name

Marchell
Contributor
Contributor

I set up an account years ago using my tribal name when I moved to the United States. I understand the issues with security and using unofficial names. fast forward years later when I try to update my name I am asked to upload name change documentation. none of my official documentation changed. I am trying to access my account as a friend sent money into the account already. I am given different instructions on completing different things. while all my Bank cards on the account have had my legal name on it but updating my name is still the biggest problem because I do not have documentation showing the change. I understand it is for my own security, as a customer and a college student I am struggling to access my own funds. 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Marchell

Your name on PayPal account should match name on your official documents and financial info (bank, credit card) which you will have documentation to prove the need for the name change. Change your name on bank and credit card to match your official docs if need be.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Marchell
Contributor
Contributor
My tribal name which is currently on the PayPal account is not on my official nor banking documents. My banking info on this PayPal account has always used the documented name. I’m told to prove my tribal name and I’m saying I don’t have any documentation to prove that unless if you’d like to interview my Xhosa elders who named me?
Login to Me Too

PayPal_Intars

Hi @Marchell,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.
Your question is very account specific and we would be unable to tell you why this has happened over a public forum. I would suggest contacting us via Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUS/, Twitter - @AskPayPal, email or phone and we would be happy to advise.
Intars

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.