Updating my last name due to incorrect sign-up error

mohaamedatef
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings,

So I requested to update my last name as it had an incorrect sign-up error, bear in mind I created my PayPal account 5 years ago, and never used it since. Now due to circumstances, I'm getting the account back; I need my information to be 100% accurate and correct.

I uploaded the required documents and after 2 business days I received a call from an agent called Khadija,  she made sure everything was processed correctly; she pronounced my full name exactly as it matched my passport and reassured me that it's done from her end.

4 business days have passed, and nothing is updated yet, I've called the customer service twice, just wasting my money and time as it's an international call; only to be left on the waiting line for 20+ minutes each time I've called, thus not reaching an agent to talk to.

So, how long does this process usually take? Am I missing anything here?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi mohaamedatef, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum. 

Providing we have the correct documents and an email authorization stating that you allow us to amend the name on the account for you, the name change should be completed within 24 hours. 

If your name is not yet updated please reach out to us by phone, email, Facebook or Twitter and we would be happy to look into this for you. 

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.