cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Personal Account Name But No Marriage Certificate, Certificate Of Divorce, Or A Deed Poll

SOLVED
Highlighted
Contributor

Updating Personal Account Name But No Marriage Certificate, Certificate Of Divorce, Or A Deed Poll

I would like to update my account name by adding my second name, but I cannot seem to do so as I am required to send a marriage certificate, certificate of divorce, or a deed poll. I have a government-issued ID with my name and photo already, but I am still a single student, so I don't have the one of the other three required documents. I would like to know if there is a way around this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Updating Personal Account Name But No Marriage Certificate, Certificate Of Divorce, Or A Deed...

Hi @MatthewS5

Sorry for the frustration. Usually a small update like this can be done with a government issued photo ID and proof of address. We can accept a bank/card statement, phone bill, or utility bill as proof of address. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Updating Personal Account Name But No Marriage Certificate, Certificate Of Divorce, Or A Deed...

Hi MatthewS5,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

You will find all the details regarding changing the name on your account here.

-Donna

Highlighted
Contributor

Not helpful. It does not solve my issue of a lack of documentation due to my age.
Highlighted

Hi @MatthewS5

Sorry for the frustration. Usually a small update like this can be done with a government issued photo ID and proof of address. We can accept a bank/card statement, phone bill, or utility bill as proof of address. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor

There we go. Thank you for this. You helped a lot.

Highlighted
Contributor

where i can send my ID to verify because i have the same problem i did not put my 2nd name so i only need to put it