Updating Personal Account Name But No Marriage Certificate, Certificate Of Divorce, Or A Deed Poll

MatthewS5
Contributor
Contributor

I would like to update my account name by adding my second name, but I cannot seem to do so as I am required to send a marriage certificate, certificate of divorce, or a deed poll. I have a government-issued ID with my name and photo already, but I am still a single student, so I don't have the one of the other three required documents. I would like to know if there is a way around this.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @MatthewS5

Sorry for the frustration. Usually a small update like this can be done with a government issued photo ID and proof of address. We can accept a bank/card statement, phone bill, or utility bill as proof of address. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

PayPal_Donna

Hi MatthewS5,

Welcome to the PayPal community and thank you for your post.

You will find all the details regarding changing the name on your account here.

-Donna

Login to Me Too

MatthewS5
Contributor
Contributor
Not helpful. It does not solve my issue of a lack of documentation due to my age.
Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Tricia

Hi @MatthewS5

Sorry for the frustration. Usually a small update like this can be done with a government issued photo ID and proof of address. We can accept a bank/card statement, phone bill, or utility bill as proof of address. 

I hope this information helps!

Thanks, 
PayPal_Tricia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

MatthewS5
Contributor
Contributor

There we go. Thank you for this. You helped a lot.

Login to Me Too

Patrick-Harvey
Contributor
Contributor

where i can send my ID to verify because i have the same problem i did not put my 2nd name so i only need to put it 

Login to Me Too

tanya908
Contributor
Contributor
Good day! we would like to change the personal account name because it was named after a name of our project/initiative for the relief efforts in the Philippines. The problem that arose is that the account is now temporarily limited and we can only provide the documents of the owner of the bank account linked to our paypal account. We are worried that the documents may not be approved because it does not match with the personal account name. What can we do about this.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.