Updating Account (After Moving Abroad)

Sunshine82
Contributor
Contributor

Hi. I'm trying to figure out how to update my account info after moving abroad from the US to Spain. I cannot seem to update the address or telephone. Do I have to create a new account?

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sunshine82 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You should really withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you move countries. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sunshine82
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the help.

But how do I contact customer service? That's why I'm in this forum as there doesn't seem to be a direct path to customer service. Please advise.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sunshine82 

You may have to wait............

Due to protective measures against coronavirus (COVID-19), we currently have limited Customer Service staffing, so waiting times may be longer. You can still find answers to FAQs on this page or send us a message, though responses may take longer than usual. You can also view our coronavirus response and FAQ's here. Thank you for your patience.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Sunshine82
Contributor
Contributor

I appreciate your help.

However, there doesn't appear to be a way to reach anybody. The links funnel me into automated responses which aren't helpful. Where is the terminus to contact a human? What navigational pathway must I take?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sunshine82 

Scroll down the page PAST the FAQ and click on MESSAGE US.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.