Unknown Pending Transaction

Deandestcroix
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I have tried to change my address as I have moved. PayPal will not allow me to change my address unless I remove the bank account attached and confirm that address has changed. The problem is that it will not allow me to change my bank as it says I have a pending transaction. I cannot find a pending transaction on my account anywhere. I did buy some iTunes that looked like it was waiting for me to download the files before billing me... however I need to change my address now and cannot force the issue with itunes if that is the case. Question: How do I cancel a pending transaction? How do I find what that pending transaction is even though it is not listed? Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Deandestcroix,

I'm sorry that you're unable to remove the bank account. If there is a recent transaction from or to your bank, the exchange between PayPal and the bank may still be in process even if the transaction between you and the other party is complete. If it has been at least two weeks since any bank transactions have occurred, there may be a transaction from a long time ago that did not fully resolve. If that's the case, then a representative in customer service would need to take a look and manually intervene.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Deandestcroix 

Have you moved to another country?

If not then you don't have to remove your bank account, i have just moved and all they ask is that you UPDATE YOUR BILLING ADDRESSES first on both cards and bank accounts and then you can update your profile address.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Deandestcroix
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for this - however when I follow the prompts and get to the address window for the card (they say I must update the card first before I update the account address) The address window will not allow me to input any information. I says I have a pending transaction but I do not know what that is or how it is connected and it is not in my activity window.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Deandestcroix,

I'm sorry that you're unable to remove the bank account. If there is a recent transaction from or to your bank, the exchange between PayPal and the bank may still be in process even if the transaction between you and the other party is complete. If it has been at least two weeks since any bank transactions have occurred, there may be a transaction from a long time ago that did not fully resolve. If that's the case, then a representative in customer service would need to take a look and manually intervene.

To contact customer service, please click Contact at the bottom of the PayPal website for available options, or reach out by Facebook or Twitter.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Deandestcroix
Contributor
Contributor

Solved - it was the pending transaction of an iTunes song that was waiting on being downloaded before payment - strange though as I did not know iTunes did that and thought I had paid for that song a month ago.

All working fine now thanks everyone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.