Unconfirmed address

phatdaddy33
Contributor
Contributor

I have been a member since 2001.  I Noticed in a confirmation email today that my shipping address is unconfirmed.  I have verified that it matches my credit card billing address.  How do I get it confirmed?  I am fairly certain that it was confirmed at some point in the past.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Randy

@phatdaddy33,

You can find some information on how to confirm your PayPal shipping address here.

- Randy

Login to Me Too

dtbecker
Contributor
Contributor

@phatdaddy33 If you have  a credit card on file with the same billing address then the address should already be confirmed. Does your PayPal account say "Primary Address, Billing Address" under PayPal account settings? (For example, when you go to your PayPal Account Settings it will list any addresses you have.) Then when you buy items, make sure you ship to the same address that PayPal has on file (the billing address). A lot of times people will ship items to friends using a different address other than their confirmed billing address (this can cause payment problems).

Also, please note that when you add a credit card on file you should use the drop down menu and select your same billing address. PayPal can also verify your address in some instances by looking at your account history (such as shipping to the same billing address multiple times). 

See here https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/shipping-address-outside#:~:text=An%20address%20is%20confirmed...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.