Unauthorized transactions

Kipper_72
New Community Member

In the last 12 hours I have seen a number of unauthorized activities on my PayPal account. This has been the list so far of all activity and a note of genuine or fraudulent

17/11  858 pm – email received stating you’ve just updated your password [FRAUDULENT]

17/11  908 pm – email received stating your preferred funding source is set [FRAUDULENT]

17/11  910pm – email received stating confirmation of a 300GBP funds transfer from bank account to paypal account [FRAUDULENT]

17/11  947 pm – email received stating you’ve sent a payment of $127 to a gmail account [FRAUDULENT]

At this point i logged in with my password and 2FA code

17/11  1007 pm – email received stating you’ve just updated your password [GENUINE – done by me after logging in with 2FA code]

At this point I opened a case with PayPal

17/11  1014 pm – email received stating you’ve just updated your password [GENUINE – forced on me after I logged a case of potential fraud]

17/11  1014 pm – email received stating case opened [GENUINE]

18/11  215 am – email received stating update on case – determined that 300GBP and $127 transactions were fraudulent [GENUINE]

18/11 257 am – email received stating you’ve removed phone number from your profile [FRAUDULENT]

I am currently awaiting PayPal to come back to me on this but I am nervous about these unauthorized transactions and how someone is logging onto my account and bypassing 2FA being sent to my phone.

I am logging in today to my account and my passwords and 2FA is working as expected. Anyone got recommendations on how to deal with this? Let PayPal investigate?

I’d like to speak to a human – is there a good way to do that?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.