Unable to provide proof of business address?

lexifaye96
New Community Member

I have my band set up as a sole proprietorship llc, as we sell items to our fans. Because of this, we do not have a business address, and no physical documents to provide to prove a business address aside from my home address. I don't want to stop using paypal, but I cannot provide what they're asking for, and I also need a business paypal account. 

Is there any way around this? Is there something I can provide that they would accept? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@lexifaye96 

What's the mailing address on the SP or LLC document? That should be the "business address" for everything (even if its your home address): on PayPal account, bank statement, etc. PayPal wants bank statement or credit card statement as proof of address. If available, utility bill or cell phone bill with that mailing address on it. It should have your name and/or business name on the docs as on the PayPal account.

But why is PayPal asking for proof of "business address" when you have a personal account since you say you "need a business PayPal account"?

You can open a separate business account instead of upgrading the personal account.

At this point, you just provide your personal bank statement or credit card statement to provide proof of address for personal paypal account. Or was this a premier account? Even still, if you are using your own name and home address on the PayPal account then you supply bank statement or credit card statement with your own name and home address on it.

If you have a business account under your name as account owner and a business name, you provide business entity or other documents that would include your name and business name.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/cip-acceptable-documents-guidelines-faq4007

Just use brains and logic.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.