Unable to login my account

Jasmin_R
New Community Member

Hello, i am trying to reset my password. there are two option on screen, first one is reset your password with email and another one is reset password via mobile OTP. so i choose first one and complete all step but it requires another authentication via mobile otp. but problem is that my mobile number is not active. so what can i do to reset my password and open my account.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ysa_
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @Jasmin_R

Good day , I hope all is well. Thank you for using community forum to be heard

If you've forgotten your PayPal password, but remember the email address you used to register with PayPal, follow these steps to regain access to your account:

1. Go to our Log In page.
  2. Click Having trouble logging in? 
  3. Enter the email address you use for PayPal and click Next. (You'll be asked to confirm your identity by selecting a verification method.)
  4. Select how you want to recover your password, and click Next. (You'll be shown some options such as Have us call you, Receive a textReceive an emailAnswer your security questions, Confirm through Facebook Messenger or Confirm your identity using Google.)
  • If you choose to Have us call you, you'll see a code on the screen. Use the code when you get our call. We'll then ask you to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
  • If you choose to Receive a text, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your mobile device and click Next. We'll then ask you to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
  • If you choose to Receive an email, enter the 6-digit security code we email to you and click Continue. We may ask you to confirm your card number. We'll then ask you to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
  • If you choose to Answer security questions, enter your answers and click Continue. We may ask you to confirm your card number. We'll then ask you to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
  • You may also be given the option to Confirm through Facebook Messenger. If you choose to use this method, click Send Code, enter the 6-digit security code we send to your Messenger and click Confirm.  We'll then ask you to create a new password and confirm it by entering it a second time.
  • If you have one or more Google email accounts registered to your PayPal account, you may be required to go through an authorization challenge upon logging in to your PayPal account. If you are already logged in to a Google account before the challenge step up, simply click Continue to complete the validation.

***Tip: your PayPal password should be 8-20 characters long and include at least one number and one symbol (like !@#$%^).

Stay Blessed!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.