Unable to log into PayPal, forever loading after sign in.

H4MZ4
Contributor
Contributor

I use 2Step on my PayPal account, once I complete that stage, it says verified but the page forever loads and doesn't take me to my account? If I retype the PayPal address in, it will also load forever. But once the sign in times out after being too long, I can return to the PayPal home page as normal, but again once I try sign in it just loops over again.

I've tried on my PC, and also on my phone using the PayPal website (on a 4G network, whereas PC was on my home network), so I believe there is some issue with signing into my account?

Although I can sign into the app as normal, but I need to access the website to deal with some things that can't be done on the app.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

WebSnail
Contributor
Contributor

Can't access Paypal system beyond the 2factor Auth... Checked Facebook Paypal page and there's other reporting it although not all accounts affected. 

Interestingly 2F Auth does work as it was required to get into this community forum. So, it appears something is awry within the Paypal system somewhere.

BTW... For diagnostic purposes... Paypal UK Business account with 2F authentication enabled.

Login to Me Too

WebSnail
Contributor
Contributor

Just spoken to customer service and they've confirmed that there is a "technical issue affecting some customers" so it's in hand and they hope to have it resolved soon.

As a side note, I specifically asking if it was affecting the ability of Paypal to accept payments through the Paypal system (assuming the customer can login!) and the answer I received was no. It's just a dashboard/account access issue in general.

Hope that's useful info for anyone else in the same boat.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.