Unable to log in, PayPal has wrong phone number

BH_from_Norway
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I haven't used my PayPal account and the email-address associated with it since summer 2019. Been ill and mostly offline. Time flies.

Now I can not log in because it keeps demanding 2-factor authentication using a mobile phone number which I not have (it it just weird since I do not recognize the number <removed>, not one of mine, nor in the family). No matter what I try, PayPal insists on using that same bloody phone number to authenticate me, a number / phone which I do not have! Checking emails from PayPal during my downtime period, I can see they asked me to confirm number, etc. which I never got around to since I was away.

I have access to my email and I probably remember my answers to security questions. I also have access to my bank account which is associated with the card I hooked up to the PayPal account. I tried calling the phone support 00[Removed. Phone #s not permitted] what is this?! Some robotized voice recognition automated nonsense with dead ends and loops. No help there. I need to COMMUNICATE with a HUMAN who can register a correct phone number for my account so that I can get back in.

What to do? I am going mad. Please help.

B from Norway

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

BH_from_Norway
Contributor
Contributor

Hello?

Can someone please respond?

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BH_from_Norway 

You do know that this is a user to user advice forum manned by volunteers don't you?

Unfortunately how quick we respond is how much of our time we give up to log in and answer posts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.