Unable to link, recieve (and send I guess) cash

MohamedAhmedd
Contributor
Contributor

So I've created this account and linked it to an empty Master card which is working, I created this account before the lockdown by like a month or so, I couldn't link my card till I contacted the support and they called me  and did some procedures like verifying that it's me, verifying the address, sending $1 then taking it back real fast (he was with me on the phone that time) etc.. I never tried to receive any money eversince, but now I can't link it to any website, I tried to link it to Playstation but it didn't work, said try again later, same for other many famous websites. Also, a friend of mine tried to send me $10 and it said "Sorry, there’s a problem. Please try again later." we tried many times in different timezones and different time and still same  error..

Then I created another account and linked it to the same Master card and it said "Sorry, this payment can’t be completed due to regulations."

NOTE: I'm from Egypt, the guy who was sending me the cash is from Israel (I have an Egyptian friend with a working Paypal, so it works in Egypt)

I sent like 3 messages to Paypal "Contact us", once every month or something and they didn't respond AT ALL, no idea why.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohamedAhmedd 

The whole point it says VISA is that it has to be a VISA.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohamedAhmedd 

Read this policy especially section one as you are in 1 of the affected countries.

https://www.paypal.com/al/webapps/mpp/ua/recpymt-full?locale.x=en_AL

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MohamedAhmedd
Contributor
Contributor

I still don't know why exactly me? As I said my friend has a PayPal account and it's working for him,  I did verify my account tho as I said

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohamedAhmedd 

Did you actually READ section 1 in the link i posted?

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MohamedAhmedd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes but I'm sorry I still didn't understand. May you elaborate please? I can only see that my country is affected by the 'Agreement' and some  other terms or how things work here in Paypal which are -sorry- pretty useless/known.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohamedAhmedd 

1. Eligibility:

1. In order to receive payments into your PayPal account, you must link your US bank account or Visa credit card to your PayPal account and complete PayPal’s credit card and/or bank account verification process.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

MohamedAhmedd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I did that, or does it have to be Visa and not mastercard in my country? Because I don't really know if my friend is using Visa or Mastercard. But I used Mastercard and verified it.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MohamedAhmedd 

The whole point it says VISA is that it has to be a VISA.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Rena86
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass 

Thank you, I somehow missed this information. I am gonna try to search who in the family has a VISA card and try again. Maybe I please message if there is any other problem? Seems you have information.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.