Unable to close my PayPal account

RoseHarebate
Contributor
Contributor

I have been using PayPal for months now, however, I am trying to close my account due to the fact that I am moving to another country. So the problem is that every time I try to close it it says "There's something that needs to be resolved. Please contact customer service, and we'll help you with it." How do I fix this issue? Please help.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RoseHarebate

Contacting customer services as advised seems a plan?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mudmaiden
Contributor
Contributor

This is ridiculous..Been trying to close my account for over a month and have been given every excuse under the sun.  I was last told it is an internal error but I see this has been an issue since 2012.  Paypal has a VERY BAD name lately and after having my account since 2002 I want it CLOSED!!. They have all my personal info and just had to pay $30 to my bank to have all paypal transactions blocked.  Next is to close my bank account completely.  Who governs this company??

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mudmaiden

So CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICES if you can't close it.

Is it limited at all?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

mudmaiden
Contributor
Contributor

They keep telling me they will get it close..everything is closed out in it havent used it in months.  This linked to my bank account!!! Getting sick of their excuses

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.