Unable to change name on PayPal business account.

webandgrafik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm trying to change the name on my business account by way of the following:

1. Login
  2. Gear Icon > Account Settings
  3. Business Information (left menu)
  4. Update (Business information)
  5. Edit
  6. Change Business Name

Upon entering the new business name, I receive the error to contact support.

I've contacted support on two occasions and they've indicated that they can't do anything, which baffles me. Their best suggestion was to try a new browser and/or clear my cache, which I've done, but to no avail. 

Their next best solution was to close my business account and open a new one. I find this baffling.

Even at that, I have a balance of 60 cents in the account and it won't allow me to transfer those funds to close my account.

There must be a better way to approach this. I've attached a few screenshots below and appreciate any assistance w/ this matter. The PP rep I spoke to said his team has never heard of this issue. I fail to see, in this day and age, why they can't override a simple business name.

As a note, I'm able to edit all other details such as email address, and so forth to reflect the name change. The issue is that the logo and name don't reflect the new business / initiatives.

Thank you in advance.

Mike

Screen Shot 2019-11-19 at 8.14.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-11-19 at 8.14.17 PM.png

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.