Unable to add money to resolve negative balance

mf0518
New Community Member

I have a small negative balance (about $5). However, I am unable to add money to resolve this issue. I have linked both my bank account and debit card, and whenever I click on add money, it directs me to the page to link a bank account or debit card. I have tried contacting PayPal customer service, but I have not received an answer yet. What is my best option to resolve this issue? Is it an issue with my bank account or card?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Anomie42o666
Contributor
Contributor
It might be a account limitation. Because of the negative balance . Iu have to call and ask them to lift the limitation. Try using customer service chat they should be able to help you that way. Check settings from web browser paypal. Com don't use the app the app is so limited on what you can do
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@mf0518 

Ways to clear a negative balance.

1. Transfer funds from your bank account via the add funds function.

2. The quickest and easiest way is to get a mate or family member to send a payment via the friends / family option. As long as they don't fund it with a card it should be free.

3. Via a card over the phone with paypal.

4. Or mail a cheque as per link.
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-should-i-do-if-my-balance-is-negative-faq1905?app=s...

5. Buy something and Paypal will normally add the debt to that payment during checkout when you authorise the purchase.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.