Unable to add Bank Account

Lovehuskywolfs
Contributor
Contributor

I have tried to add my Bank Account in already two different accounts and i still have trouble. Every time i try to add it i receive this message: The PayPal server is currently experiencing some difficulties. Please try again later or contact Customer Service.

I have already called the customer service and they told me to wait and call again in 2-3 days so i did but then they couldn't do nothing(or at least the women that i was speaking to couldn't do anything.

I know there is nothing wrong with my account as i have tried to add a random number as a bank account number and for some reason it works, but i am also sure (not 100% sure) that there is nothing wrong with my bank account as it is pretty much new. I have read something about if you try to add a bank account and it is unsuccessful 3 times it will lock (or prevent) the bank account from being able to be added/used. I obviously have tried more than 3 times but as you may know, paypal sends a small payment with a code to confirm the account and i received 2 payments of £0.01 which has been sitting there since the first time i tried to add my account.

So this is why i am here to ask for anyone with experience or someone that has come across this problem to help me out please!

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lovehuskywolfs

Sorry but if you have received the 'codes' then your bank account must have been added for them to have been sent surely?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lovehuskywolfs
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

I understand what you mean, but me being new i had probably added the bank account then removed it and that is where the problem comes in as now it doesn't let me add the bank account in any paypal account.

Thank you for your comment!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lovehuskywolfs

ok, firstly make sure you only have 2 paypal accounts and only then if 1 is personal and the other 1 is business, more than 2 of the same kind can lead all to being limited.

Secondly you are only allowed to add a bank account to 3 different accounts in that bank accounts lifetime, so if you have added it to more than that it would be negated.

Thirdly if you have added and removed it more than 3 times with 3 codes sent to you then you may have to ask paypal customer services to re-set if for you so that you can try again. If you add it again and request the code make sure that it is THAT code that you use and not one of the older ones.

Customer services.

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

When you get through don't select any options just hang on till you get transfered to an agent OR just say the word 'Agent'".

In the UK its free from any landline phone.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lovehuskywolfs
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you very much for your help! Somehow out of nowhere, after i called paypal, 20 minutes later i was able to add the bank account without problem although them selves said that my accounts details where correct but for some reason the system couldn't let them add my account. 

But at the end of the day thank you very much!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lovehuskywolfs

Whatever it was, as long as its ok now then thats good news.   Smiley Happy

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.