Unable to Verify my account with the given options.

DKStuntz
Contributor
Contributor

I can't believe that there isn't a simple way to send a message to customer service, regarding unusual circumstances.  Any here's my case:

I currently live in Thailand, but I am from the USA, have an American bank accountand my PayPal account is based in the USA.  However, when I try to log in, I am asked to very my identity (which makes sense).  However, my American phone number is currently suspended (because I am staying long-term in Thailand), and phone contact is the ONLY option that is given for identity verification (no e-mail option, no security-question option, etc).  Thus I was unable to get my access code.  I couldn't give my Thai phone number, because the system apparently accepts only US-format phone numbers, and thus sees my Thai phone number's format as invalid, and rejects it.

So, I clicked on the link that pertains to problems accessing my account.  I finally got an option (other than one that uses a phone number), and got my my security access code.  However, I was required to change my password again, because I was on the "Reset password" path.  I had just reset my password 3 days earlier, due to the same reason -- being unable to verify my identity upon regular login, due to the lack of alternative options to phone-number contact.  I hope that I'm not required to go through all that every time I want to log in.  I would greatly appreciate any feedback, etc.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.