US citizen with PAYPAL Account moved to India

Randalljohn
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

what to do to add India Address and India Bank/debit card and my India mobile phone number to my old USA PayPal account that doesn't allow outside USA address etc?

Help needed to be able send money to USA from my new home here in INDIA?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Randalljohn 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

The only exception is you can add a U.S bank account to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Randalljohn 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved and may need to contact customer services for help to resolve things.

The only exception is you can add a U.S bank account to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Randalljohn
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for your reply, another question?

I'll close this account with old USA bank account and card, both closed and useless since I had moved to India,

when I closed this account,

does this account disappears and I set up new one with new info?

Namaste

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Randalljohn 

If you didn't close your U.S account before you left the U.S then you may need c.s. help to do so.

You may be able to re-use the email address once the account was closed but not always.

You would then click to register and scroll down to register with an account from India.

India paypal accounts have a lot of different options and hoops to jum through than U.S accounts so you may need to read up on that especially if you want to use the account to sell.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Teslafan101 

You can link the same card or bank account as long as the old paypal account was closed first and the bank account and card removed from that old account.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.