US Military overseas

JCMUSICK18
Contributor
Contributor
I'm attempting to reset my paypal PIN. Unfortunately it wants to text me at an old phone number. Ive attempted updating my phone number for months yet it wont accept my new Germany number at all.
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JCMUSICK18 

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / bank accounts / cards from within that country.
The only exception is you can add a U.S bank account to other countries paypal accounts.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

JCMUSICK18
Contributor
Contributor
Unfortunately everything but my phone number is all still US. So my address, bank acct, all are still US. I just need to update this stupid pin that has me locked out
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@JCMUSICK18 

As i said above you can't add another countries phone number to a country specific paypal account.

And if you continue trying to use a U.S paypal account in Germany then you will hit further problems.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

milcivinvils
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlasssays "The only exception is you can add a U.S bank account to other countries paypal accounts."

That is wrong, at least here in Germany. I opened a Paypal DE account to try dealing with these international hurdles but can only add an IBAN account (not an ACH as in the U.S.).

Here's PayPal's list of IBAN countries (hint, the U.S. is not on it):

"You can add a bank account from these SEPA Countries:"
  • Austria
  • Belgium
  • Bulgaria
  • Croatia
  • Cyprus
  • Czech Republic
  • Denmark
  • Estonia
  • Finland
  • France
  • Germany
  • Greece
  • Hungary
  • Ireland
  • Italy
  • Latvia
  • Lithuania
  • Luxembourg
  • Malta
  • Monaco
  • Netherlands
  • Norway
  • Poland
  • Portugal
  • Romania
  • San Marino
  • Slovakia
  • Slovenia
  • Spain
  • Sweden
  • United Kingdom

I was able to get an IBAN after setting up a Transferwise account but have been waiting days for PayPal's obnoxious "penny deposits" to go through. 

Deployed US service members often live on post and have no address other than their APO box. They have no in-country address to use for these sorts of financial transactions. PayPal clearly doesn't care about receiving the business of those who serve.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.