UPDATING/DELETING EMAIL ADDRESS

Paula0924
New Community Member

I've updated and confirmed new email address on account.  The system won't let me delete the old email address and continues to show it as primary.  I tried to send an email to PayPal and received a message that I needed to call.  When I called, the automated system told me to send an email. 😞  Anyone know how to fix this issue or the secret to actually reaching someone at PayPal?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Paula0924 

You have to make the new one primary before you can remove the old one.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sy9988
New Community Member

It doesn't actually matter, even if you do this their systems are broken and showing your old e-mail address as the primary if you make any payment. I only have one single e-mail on my account but people I'm paying see an old e-mail I deleted a long time ago! I just noticed this now because someone I paid showed me a screenshot of the payment on their end.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@sy9988 

Are you talking about ebay sales?

Only of so the buyers pay to the email address on your AUCTION so if you haven't changed it check here and post back for more advice.

Go to ebay and click on 'sell' put in anything (as you aren't going to actually list anything) until you get to the main page > scroll down near the bottom and where it says payment methods check the email address that is on that page, is there a spelling mistake or old one?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

patsfan03
Contributor
Contributor
Me too. It’s so stupid
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.