New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
I am trying to login in my paypal account but there is a message:
"As part of the PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication regulation, we need additional information to confirm it's really you."
"Have us call you
We’ll show you a code on the next screen. Use it when you get our call."
But I do not receive any calls, and the phone number seems incorrect because it is missing the prefix. I have tried requesting SMS, but it is the same problem. And there is no way to set my phone number.
I also tried calling customer support but they close the call all the time because of limited staff.
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Use the forgotten password option several times.
3. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
4. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
5. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.