UK account. working in china. with a chinese tel number

jasonukbristol
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

I have a UK account but working in China. I no longer have my british mobile number. but now sometimes PayPal asks my to do a security check by adding the code sent to my mobile phone number when i try to buy things. So i logged in to try to add a chinese mobile number but it says telephone number unrecognised. Does anyone know how to get around that?

Thanks

Jason

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jasonukbristol

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@jasonukbristol

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

jasonukbristol
Contributor
Contributor

Ok. i didn't realise this. I've been here 2 years already and this is the first time i've noticed this and i used it about 1 or 2 times month. I'll go back after another year. I'll try to open a concurrent account maybe or use a family friends telephone number from England in emergencies.

Thanks for the response. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.