UK PayPal account

deallegretti
Contributor
Contributor
Hi, my name is Damian, I have been a PayPal customer since 2005. I have never had any trouble since then, and I have been very satisfied with the service.
I have a US account under my personal email but like a month ago a create a new business UK account with the email of my business. Since I'm moving PERMANENTLY to London on Nov 29th, I wanted to save time and I have been setting up which will be my business. I will also close the US PayPal account and US bank account.
Using that business email address, I created a PayPal, Facebook, Instagram, and Zoom account, so once I'm there I have everything already set up.

I haven't use the UK PayPal account yet. I only linked to my bank account in UK (Revolut) but my balance is 0, and I don't have any credit card yet or any transaction.

So basically, the problem is that when I set the UK account, I used a UK phone number that I don't have access anymore and that is impossible to recover. I talked with the help center, but they say the phone number is the highest security point and that they really need to confirm by text message. I reset the password but still I cannot log in unless I receive a text message in that phone.

I don't really want to create another account because I want everything related to my business linked with the same email address. Please I really need to log in and change that phone. I can answer secret questions, confirm info about bank account or provide any information that you may need to confirm I'm telling the truth. I'm really the owner of that account and I guess there must be a way to recover an account without the use of the phone number. Otherwise they would be too silly.. Can you help me?

I read in the forum that you can select "I don't have access to that phone now" but I don't see that option when I try to log in. It is either Text message or phone call

I'm very disappointed with the customer service because nobody seemed to read my message and understand my problem. As I said at the beginning you can check my profile. Many years working with you, with a great credit line, 100% payments on time and never a trouble with any account.

Thanks so much for your time
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@deallegretti 

Try downloading the app and changing the phone number via settings OR using the forgotten password option.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.