UK NOV 2020 LOGIN PROBLEM

STEVPOP
Contributor
Contributor

Anybody know of a current way to get access to change mobile phone number of Paypal account, to log into Paypal account, when verification prompts just the old number as options?

• I tried the need help logging in and it only prompts my old number as options.
  • I tried calling Paypal via phone and the automated maeesage said they cannot help with this problem and hung up.
  • I tried various devices and all give same login/help options.
  • I have reloaded several times to see if anything but the two old mobile number options come up, but that is not happening.

How do I get passed the mobile phone number verification loop?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

STEVPOP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding.

I got the verification loop resolved.

I downloaded the PayPal app on my phone. I was able to log in there using different checks, and added my new number in the PayPal apps settings.

This seems to be the only way around the problem, at least at the moment. If this was better documented I am sure there would be less frustrated users.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

STEVPOP
Contributor
Contributor

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@STEVPOP 

You would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.

Paypal phones are mostly non operational since covid but sometimes you get lucky. (use the guest option if you can't log in).
If there is one available it will show when you click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available in your country.
Live chat is randomly available.
You can send them a message.
Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too
Solved

STEVPOP
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for responding.

I got the verification loop resolved.

I downloaded the PayPal app on my phone. I was able to log in there using different checks, and added my new number in the PayPal apps settings.

This seems to be the only way around the problem, at least at the moment. If this was better documented I am sure there would be less frustrated users.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.