UK Dodgy Brexit email: "Notice of Amendment to PayPal Legal Agreements"

arame3333
Contributor
Contributor

DId you get the above email from PP recently?

It looked like it really did come from PP, however it has lots of links in the message and the URLs look suspicious to me.

I wanted to report it to PP but came here as I could not see how to do this.

The email said;

Notice of Amendment to PayPal Legal Agreements

Issued: December 28, 2020

Please read this notice.

As part of PayPal’s preparation to manage some necessary changes arising from the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union we’re slightly amending the legal agreements that govern your relationship with us.

We encourage you to carefully review the notices below so that you are familiar with these upcoming changes.

There is no further action needed from you as these changes will take place automatically on January 1, 2021.

If you wish to decline these changes you may close your account.

UPDATES TO THE PAYPAL USER AGREEMENT

Effective date: January 1, 2021

Please click here to view an updated copy of the intended changes.

You can find the current PayPal User Agreement by clicking here or accessing it via the “Legal” or “Legal Agreements” footer on most PayPal site pages.

Applicability

Due to the United Kingdom’s exit from the European Union we have created a User Agreement which applies only to PayPal accounts of residents of the United Kingdom (UK), Gibraltar, Guernsey, Isle of Man and Jersey.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Macf190
New Community Member
Yeah I got the email
Login to Me Too

Thelema
New Community Member

I got this one as well . For some reason it set my senses tingling , even though it used my name rather than dear customer.

Login to Me Too

Mineirinha
New Community Member
I did received this email and changed my password. So, what I need to do now?
Login to Me Too

Graham29
Contributor
Contributor
Ya I got that email today what can we do. Are going shut down our PayPal account or something
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.