UATP/PayPal account?

dranny1
New Community Member

Hi Everyone,

Really hoping someone can help me. I purchased airline tickets using PayPal and noticed on the receipt that my "UATP/PayPal" account was the method of payment. Didn't think anything of it, and my credit card (different account) was charged normally. Because of Covid, I was issued a full refund by the airlines, but the refund went back to this UATP/PayPal account.  I have no idea how to access this account and my refund money has been in limbo somewhere for over two months now. PayPal refuses to help me.  It's all chat and no one seems to be able to tell me how to access this account that I'm assuming was created by PayPal. I've tried to contact UATP corporate, but no one answers the phone. Anyone else had this issue and if so, how did you figure out what your UATP account number was???

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

blackgarr
New Community Member

I have the same problem with a refund from Spirit Airlines. Was there ever a resolution?

Login to Me Too

jcos
New Community Member

I made a booking on Virgin Atlantic via Paypal- Virgin has refunded but Paypal cannot see payment and the only reference Virgin has is UATP with an auth number-  I have been waiting several weeks and have made 3 calls to Paypal and 4 calls to Virgin Atlantic (over 7 hours of speaking and waiting on hold with both teams- and over £3k out of pocket still!) think there must be a bug or issue with UATP and Paypal- nightmare! Not using Paypal again for any transactions moving forward- not worth it!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.