U.S., Philippines, bank, GCash, address, country, expatriate, expat

Expat4Cebu
Contributor
Contributor
I created my account back in 2006 when I still lived in the U.S. Later that year, I moved (permanently) to the Philippines, where I continued to use my PayPal account for online services. I've tried to change my account's home address from my old U.S. one to my new Philippine one, but I don't see a way to. I've also tried to change my old U.S. bank of record to my new Philippine bank of record but, once again, don't see a way to. Now, I'd like to link my PayPal account to my GCash account but I don't see a way to. From all appearances, PayPal looks like a U.S.-only company but I know it's not (is it?). How do I resolve all these problems? P.S. I changed my community profile to show my Philippine residency but it still shows up as U.S.
Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

before you move,you should remove your bank account ,as one bank account cannot be linked to more than one PAYPAL account.

so remove that US bank account now,then open a new paypal account   in PH.

then link that US bank account(you may want to wait a few days to makes sure PAYPAL HAS REMOVED the bank account from your US paypal account).

same goes with credit card,it can not be linked to more than one Paypal account. 

Login to Me Too

Expat4Cebu
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks for your reply. You apparently forgot my first two sentences, which explained that I moved to the Philippines 13 years ago, in 2006.
Login to Me Too

Teslafan101
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

it sounds like you have been using this US based account since 2006 ,to make purchases,so what is the shipping address?

Login to Me Too

Expat4Cebu
Contributor
Contributor
I used PayPal to pay for online services like my website and software. No deliveries were necessary.
Login to Me Too

PayPal_JonK

Hello @Expat4Cebu,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm sorry to hear you're running into some issues updating your account information just now. When moving from country to country, unfortunately there's not a way to change the nationality of your PayPal account. You would have to close the account and reopen it (using the same email address if you wish) under the new country. You would want to remove your bank first so you'll be able to add it to your new account without issue. 

I hope this clears up any confusion, have a great day!

- Jon K

If you find this or any other post was helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.