Two factor authentication locked me out / PSD2

tom1k4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello -

Paypal website suddenly started asking me to verify my login VIA an SMS or a call (PSD2) -- I'm from Europe

I don't use the given phone number anymore.

I haven't updated the phone number associated w/ the account for a while. I simply forgot it, haven't thought it is important.

Now, without any prior notice this 2-step authentication become live.

I cannot login to contact Paypal. I cannot login to change my phone number. I'm running in loops.

There is a 2nd option to verify yourself under the corresponding help topic, clicking Contact Us then Login problems / Payment Services Directive PSD2,

but the information is not enough to walk that path.

I managed to chat with a live person but he cannot help since I'm from the EU

He told me to change my location by clicking on the flag at the bottom right and click "Message us", but the button isn't clickable,

and under the topic (Payment Services Directive PSD2) there aren't a "Message" option only 2 links to "Community forums" and "Resolution Center"

Resolution center needs  a login -- thus I cannot use it.

So currently there is no way to contact paypal or to change my phone number or to login anyway.

I get my main job payments to Paypal, so does my colleagues. It would be important to get control of my account again relatively fast.

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

tom1k4
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I tried to solve it as long as 1.5 weeks and didn't get to a solution. (i.e. researched a lot, email writing, contacted them on social networks, phoning in)

My next step was to be to use and email scraper and send the same email to every email address that an email scraper just could find for Paypal.

Here is an email scraper, you may try it: https://hunter.io/

I'm afraid until they have re-establish their support center there is no official solution

Login to Me Too

tom1k4
Contributor
Contributor

At least they should have sent out a warning prior it came to live.

Just as my bank and the other famous internet bank did.

Login to Me Too

BSFrosti

Same problem and no help ...

Login to Me Too

1976miichael
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem here and no help. I'm done with paypal. If more were to walk away they'd soon start taking care of those who stay

Login to Me Too

tc246

Same frustration here, tried all the suggestions, none work, can't believe such a big company is so terrible! Must just have to wait for phones to start up again but that could be ages, very annoyed.

Login to Me Too

wagnerowski
Contributor
Contributor

Exacly! Shame on you www.paypal.com. 0% support.'

They suggested me on twitter that I should open new account and move founds on new one.

Login to Me Too

wagnerowski
Contributor
Contributor

I made everything again and then on website was phone to support center. I called them and they managed to reset my phone number ect. and after 3 days I should log in again.

Login to Me Too

Derek1232
Contributor
Contributor
Helle , please what do you mean by you made everything again . Did you create another account or what exactly did you do??
Login to Me Too

Derek1232
Contributor
Contributor
Hello @wagnerowski Am in a similar situation as yours please how were you able to resolve this?? What did you mean by you started everything all over again. Did you create another PayPal account in the same name as the last account and you contacted support. Please explain?
Login to Me Too

1976miichael
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem, I'm about finished with paypal. Support is non-existent and a disgrace. I wonder how many people will end up abandoning their funds in frustration - paypal wins, big gains

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.