Two factor authentication (TFA) issue - PLEASE HELP!!!

MParris86
Contributor
Contributor

Its now going on 5 months and I have not been able to get this solved. Have tried the chat, have tried twitter message, have tried changing password etc. This is for my other account <removed>. This account somehow has Two-Factor Authentication activated. I login and it asks to text a code to a phone number I am not familiar with ending in <removed>. This is not my cell phone. I've tried and tried to get PP to change it to my current phone number to no avail. 

I haven't been able to speak to a live voice whatsoever. All the chats and twitter convos have gone nowhere. I have all the information for this account: email, password, account balance, etc. But I CANNOT ACCESS IT UNLESS TFA IS TURNED OFF OR THEY CHANGE THE PHONE NUMBER ON FILE TO MY CELL  SO I CAN ENTER THE CODE!!!

So Unbelievably frustrating. I don't know where to turn. HELP!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

pallas_athena
Contributor
Contributor

I got this problem solved today after chatting over message with customer service.

***ASK THEM TO CALL YOU. This was resolved by having the agent call me over the phone.  If the agent refuses to call, exit the chat, open a new one, and keep asking an agent until you get help.

When I spoke to the useless agents over chat over the weekend, they were from India. They lied to me up and down giving me the runaround, playing dumb, and a bunch of them just abandoned me (wouldn't answer me.)

I spoke to a few agents in the Philippines on Tues Oct 13th at around 5 PM Eastern Time (5 AM Oct 14th time in the Philippines).  That's when I got someone to call me over the phone. After verifying my information, he went into my account and deactivated by two step verification and I got access back.

Be persistent. It's annoying. If they refuse to call you, exit the chat, give them all "0s" in the survey, and keep trying again.

Login to Me Too

MParris86
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you! I will try this.
Login to Me Too

pallas_athena
Contributor
Contributor

Try messaging them now. see if you can get "Eddie <removed>" (I think that was his name).

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.