Two factor auth problems.

Nick215
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal has turned on two factor auth with sms. The sms however does not work. I talked to a paypal support person via chat she kept refusing to do anything telling me to call my mobile operator (!?!). After a lot of begging she finally did something (she said that she re-entered my number). I think what she did is re-activated two factor auth. The next login it asked me for my phone, I received the sms and I was able to login. However I tried on another PC and the problem is still existing. I can't receive sms when logging in.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

Nick215
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received an sms. It probably was temporary problem or the support person fixed it. The support person wasn't very cooperative.

I added third party authenticator for backup. 

Hopefully I don't need paypal support again - it's not very nice to talk to them.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

Nick215
Contributor
Contributor

I finally received an sms. It probably was temporary problem or the support person fixed it. The support person wasn't very cooperative.

I added third party authenticator for backup. 

Hopefully I don't need paypal support again - it's not very nice to talk to them.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.