Two factor Authentication Code

ReallySoTired
Contributor
Contributor

I have an urgent issue. I have a 2 factor authentication code on my PayPal account. This is a different account than the one I'm using to write this. I had to create this account specifically. Since yesterday, I'm not receiving the 2 factor authentication code to my mobile. Due to this, I cannot access my PayPal account. I have funds in this account, which I need urgently. Moreover, all my credit cards are linked to it. I have tried messaging and calling PayPal to no avail. No one answers the messages and I cannot get through to any agent on the phone. I just get through to a very persistent automatic phone operator who refuses to put me through to a PayPal agent. I've tried changing mobile phone. I also changed my mobile phone provider. Nothing has worked. In short, I need PayPal to either remove the authentication n code so I can have access to my account, or change my authentication code to another mobile number I have, or transfer my funds to this account and close my other account. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Please solve my issue.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

ReallySoTired
Contributor
Contributor
An answer to this would be appreciated.
Login to Me Too

PPHelpIsNoHelp
New Community Member

My wife has the same problem. So far, we have tried phoning support around 30 times, we have messaged through Twitter and FB Messenger, and we have tried the Livechat function on the website. We have tried through my account and as a guest. We have tweeted our dismay (sometimes companies respond to a little bad press). We are running out of things to try.

If anyone has a solution to the problem, it would be greatly appreciated!

To recap: When you login to PayPal now there is two-factor authentication. You are sent a code via text that you have to enter to login. The phone number on my wife's account is wrong. She cannot receive the text and so cannot login. 

TIA.

Login to Me Too

koranatura
New Community Member

Same here, my husband has the same problem and there is no possible way to get to contact Paypal. @Paypal, the solution would be if you guys ADD ANOTHER RECOVERY METHOD in the application. Currently people with this issue CAN NOT LOGIN. Please advice here what to do or SHARE A Phone number that we can call. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.