Two Small Deposits Incorrect - Bank Account Barred

Exilion
Contributor
Contributor

Dear PayPal community,

Despite correctly entering (copy-paste) all small deposit numbers which were sent to me in all orders, the system insisted that they were wrong, as a result locking out my bank account after the 3rd attempt. I have not received any email regarding the barring of the bank account. I have already sent a message to PayPal's team and awaiting a response, but given the current situation with the coronavirus I expect this case will not receive an answer quickly, and I am pressed for time due to currently running discounts so I am looking for quicker workarounds.

With that said, if I close my PayPal account and create a new one under the same email and personal info, will I be able to try to confirm my bank account again immediately or will I face any trouble?

Thank you for your time and stay safe.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Exilion
Contributor
Contributor

Someone please reply. Almost everyone on my page got a response and my query got pushed all the way down unanswered.

Login to Me Too

direchew
New Community Member
Did you ever figure it out? I just had the same problem
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@direchew 

If you entered the wrong code x3 times then you can no longer confirm your bank account that way.
You would need to wait until the phones are up and running again and then ask customer services to add it for you.
They would probably request that you upload a copy of your bank statement to prove ownership of the bank account as you couldn't manage the code method.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.