Two Questions re. Account Type, and Overseas Activity

mbutchin
Contributor
Contributor

I've got two questions with which I hope someone can help: A few years ago, I 'upgraded' my PayPal account from Personal to Business. I find that I am not using the business functions at this time. I want to know if I can revert to a personal account instead.

My second question: I currently live and work in Beijing, and I have an account here at the ICBC Bank. I was given to understand that I can link to this Chinese bank so that I can effectively transfer money home without having to wire it home in person at the branch. Is this true? If so, how would I go about setting this up? Is there a Chinese PayPal service I must use? Can that be linked to my North American account?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_paula

Hi @mbutchin

To answer your first question, yes you can request via email via the "Help & Contact" link to have your account downgraded back to a personal account although it doesn't change anything really on the account. 

To answer your second question, when you are using your PayPal account you will need to add financial information that is registered in the same country that your PayPal account is opened in. You can always send funds to a family member via PayPal and they can then withdraw it to their own bank account. 

I hope this helps answer your questions, 

Paula 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.