Trying to help friend getting access to their Paypal Account

RumnRaven
New Community Member

Hi there,

so bit of an unusual predicament here. I'm trying to help a friend who lives in the boonies get access to his Paypal account. He no longer has his mobile phone number and no access to a phone at all and is trying to confirm his login. When he attempts to login to Paypal it states it will send him a code to his mobile phone and gives no options for alternate verification methods nor does it give an option for 'I don't have access to this number'. So due to this he cannot gain access.

Since he no longer has this mobile number and does not have access to a phone (also lives practically in a reception dead zone) how can he get access to his account? He cannot even login to get to the community forums here, hence my posting on his behalf to try get some help for him.

Please let me know if I can forward him any information to try help him, he has been sent funds and cannot access them.

Regards,
Raven

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @RumnRaven,

Thank you for posting to try to get help for your friend.

If your friend is unable to log in and verify with the phone number on file, and is unable to call in and offer a new mobile number to change to in the profile, the issue is probably not resolvable until a new number can be added to the account and can be used to receive the codes for identity confirmation.

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience.

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.