Trouble with "Quick Security Check" When Attempting to Sign in to PayPal in ebay

DanG86
Contributor
Contributor

Below is a screenshot of the "Quick Security Check" that I am being prompted to complete in order to sign in to PayPal and complete a payment on ebay. I input the same phone number that is in my PayPal profile (I verified this to be correct) and am told that it cannot verify me with information provided. It gives no options to verify a different way and does not recommend any solutions. I have tried to contact customer service but there is no service due to COVID-19. I attempted to message them, bu the message system is currently not available. So I currently have no way of getting assistance with this from PayPal. Has anyone else experienced this and know of a solution? Thanks in advance for the help!

Security Window.png

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

gomer_pylez
Contributor
Contributor

Were you able to get assistance with the issue you mentioned?  I'm having the same problem.  I'm presented with the "Quick Security Check" window:

Screen Shot 2020-06-30 at 11.25.15 AM.png

Although I have a mobile number associated with my account, it doesn't present that one.  I click on "Add phone", but it will not accept any number I enter, just presenting a small red 'alert' triangle.  No reason given.

When I call Paypal, I get a message that 'due to COVID there are no agents to assist'.  The chat window stopped working 'due to COVID'.  I have sent a message, but got a generic 'try again' message in response.   So frustrated.

Login to Me Too

gomer_pylez
Contributor
Contributor

Update:  After a total of four fruitless phone calls, the final customer service representative seemed to figure out the problem, and transferred me to a department where they asked me some security questions to do some in-depth verification of my account and my identity.  That fixed the problem.

I asked why my account had been flagged/disabled, but he couldn't tell me.  He was very professional and efficient, and 3 or four minutes later, everything was back to normal.  This was after 5 hours of troubleshooting and phone calls with Paypal. 

From the screen shot above, and messages displayed, there was no indication that this verbal verification was needed, so I hope that Paypal can fix this process.

Perhaps if you're getting the same "Quick Security Check" message, it would be worth a phone call and asking to have your account verified via the security questions.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.