Trouble getting text verification

temp20211026b
New Community Member
I keep being asked to verify my identity with a code being texted to me that never arrives. My phone number on the account is correct and do not know what the problem seems to be
Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

tonyazios
New Community Member

Same issue here. I try to call and the automated service says they cannot help me with this by phone and hangs up. I try to send a message through PP's Resolution Center but cannot. I sent a message to them via FB Messenger but nothing. WTF. Please contact me ASAP, PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

Fellwarre
New Community Member

I've had this problem for over a year now, with a new twist.  On the app, it would ask to send the text and I'd never get it (even though the phone number is correct.)  HOWEVER, I used to be able to tap "trouble logging in" and it would send ANOTHER text, which I WOULD get.

Now, though, whenever I tap "trouble logging in" it just sends me back to the login page, which means my phone app is now completely useless =\

Login to Me Too

xoques
Contributor
Contributor

me too! i tried to buy from apple app store and verification code never arrived...Twice today!

don't know how else to buy apps from the app store.....sorry Apple.

went to my account and even reinstated my 2 phone numbers just to see if there was a mistake, nope.

all is correct so i tried after my attempt to check out my numbers.

nope, nope.

tried sending text to myself with either number and all is working.

new iphone se and perhaps i am doing something wrong.

i checked everything i think since do get text.

also i used to get text on my old Nokia and no plan changes just switched to unlocked iphone se from apple and only thing that does not work is text from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Sean

Hello @Mikesfo1274, Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you are not receiving the text message when logging in to your account. If you're not receiving a text from us, you may want to try re-adding your phone number to your account. If re-adding your phone number doesn't work, you may need to contact your mobile phone carrier and ask them to turn on short-code text messaging.

I hope this helps,

- Sean

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.