Travel to Another Country

Turbo556
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am planning to travel to another country.

What effect does it have when I login my Paypal account in another country different from my home country?

Is there any likelihood that my account can be suspended or limited for a suspicious activity?

Thank you!

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Turbo556 

It's possible that you will need to verify yourself with a texted in code and if your number don't work abroad, you can get stuck. I recommend using credit cards and not touch PayPal while traveling but still monitor your email for any PayPal account activity as normal. Credit cards also protect you from unauthorized charges, not just PayPal, btw.

What you can do is label your mobile number as home number so you can log in with just email and password (hope you have strong password already and it may ask you to change your password) without texting features until you get back from your trip. 

Another option is to notify PayPal of your itinerary so they can ensure you access to your account while abroad. If you have a business account, you can do this through your account settings.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Turbo556 

It's possible that you will need to verify yourself with a texted in code and if your number don't work abroad, you can get stuck. I recommend using credit cards and not touch PayPal while traveling but still monitor your email for any PayPal account activity as normal. Credit cards also protect you from unauthorized charges, not just PayPal, btw.

What you can do is label your mobile number as home number so you can log in with just email and password (hope you have strong password already and it may ask you to change your password) without texting features until you get back from your trip. 

Another option is to notify PayPal of your itinerary so they can ensure you access to your account while abroad. If you have a business account, you can do this through your account settings.

To contact customer service for assistance:

Log on, click HELP on top menu, scroll down to click CONTACT US, and then scroll down to click CALL US or other available options.

Or contacting via social media:

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/paypal

Twitter: @AskPayPal

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Turbo556
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you so much for this info.

This is so helpful!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.