New to the community? Welcome! Please read our Community Rules and Guidelines
Paypal has one of the most ridiculous customer service I could even imagine.
If I cant login to my account, it asks me to login so I can access the "resolution center" to ask for help. This place is like some kind of scam.
I couldnt access my account because I dont have access to the phone number that was registered to my old account. I was able to talk to someone on Paypals facebook who are utterly unhelpful themselves. They told me to open a new account, and then contact them again so that the funds from my old account can be transferred to the new one. Now when I did open a new account they just told me to "contact the support team" through my new account.
The only options for contacting paypal through my paypal are this forum and "resolution center". This resolution center is a total joke.
I open it and then it says report problem, but then it just open my "transactions" page.
Could someone PLEASE tell me how to contact this borderline scam company to give me access back to my funds
1. Downloading the app to see if it will let you in to change / update it in the settings.
2. Log on via developer.paypal.com, go to paypal.com and change it in settings.
3. Use the forgotten password option several times.
4. Trying another browser that may let you in without phone verification (then change it when you have logged in).
5. Trying again another day when sometimes you can get in without doing the verification and then change the number.
6. Changing the password a few times sometimes works as it can bypass the phone verification.
7. Try clicking on P top of the forum page and see if you can log in via the forum.
If that does not work then you would need to contact customer services so that they can i.d. you another way and then add your new phone number to your account.
Contact options for Paypal are accessed by clicking help/contact bottom left of Paypal pages...
1. Paypal phones are slowly re-opening and increasing in numbers (you can use the guest option if you can't log in).
2. Live chat is also randomly available.
3. You can send them a message, during business hours you may also be able to message whilst logged out.
4. Have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their Facebook or Twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.